Fire crews were called out when a small electrical fire broke out behind the bar in Pocklingtons Walk, Leicester city centre.

The pub was due to host its regular music session on Wednesday 13th June 2018, but had to remain shut due to the clean-up operation. It is expected that it will re-open ready for the first World Cup game today (14th June).

The pub was evacuated and residents above also left their flats. One resident, who wanted to be known as John said; “I heard someone knocking and then saw some smoke.

“I didn’t ask much, when you see smoke you get out.”

A regular scheduled maintenance program, consisting of PAT testing & fixed wire testing can help reduce the risk of electrical fires protecting property, customers, staff and anybody in the near vicinity.


0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *