Homeowners surrounding the Belgrave complex were evacuated. The fire which destroyed a former factory site and left several businesses factories unable to work, is said to be caused by an electrical fault.

Early reports suggest that the fire which began in a recycling centre within the site before spreading to other business units located on the site

Over 70 firefighters from across Leicestershire and neighbouring Derbyshire fought the blaze at the complex, and a statement released by Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service confirms that the fire was caused by an electrical fault in the wiring.

Many businesses don’t re-open after disasters such as fires or serious flooding, and lots fail within 2 years of re-opening. Fixed wire testing can be used like an MOT on your building’s electrical systems allowing faults to be rectified and a maintenance plan put in place.


0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *